4.1162 Announcements: Updated Call for Papers; Job (2/72)

Thu, 14 Mar 91 18:41:15 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1162. Thursday, 14 Mar 1991.

(1) Date: Tue, 12 Mar 91 11:11:22 EST (28 lines)
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: whoa! stop the e-presses! Updated Call for Papers

(2) Date: Tue, 12 Mar 91 17:01 EST (44 lines)
From: "NANCY M. IDE (914) 437 5988" <IDE@VASSAR>
Subject: Job Announcement

Date: Tue, 12 Mar 91 11:11:22 EST
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>

The Association for Computers and the Humanities is sponsoring a session
at the upcoming MLA conference (December 1991, San Francisco). The
title of the session is "How We Do What We Do: Modelling Literary and
Linguistic Research by Computer" and is intended to focus on the
methodological and theoretical aspects of such research. Anyone
interested in participating should send me an abstract of ca. 500 words
by 29 March.

The rules of the MLA specify that all participants must be members of
that organization by 1 April.

If you are interested in participating, please send me a note
immediately. The boundaries of the topic are elastic.

Willard McCarty
Centre for Computing in the Humanities
University of Toronto
Robarts Library