4.1187 E-mail Directories; E-mail Address Request (3/115)

Wed, 27 Mar 91 23:15:02 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1187. Wednesday, 27 Mar 1991.

(1) Date: Tue, 26 Mar 91 08:16:20 EST (16 lines)
From: Germaine Warkentin <WARKENT@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: E-mail addresses

(2) Date: Tue, 26 Mar 91 15:51:07 EST (84 lines)
From: Elaine M Brennan <ELAINE@BROWNVM>
Subject: Userid Directories

(3) Date: Wed, 27 Mar 91 13:43:05 MST (15 lines)
From: Randall Jones <HRCJONES@BYUVM>
Subject: Looking for CALL types in Austria

Date: Tue, 26 Mar 91 08:16:20 EST
From: Germaine Warkentin <WARKENT@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>

I'm a member of several lists, and all of them lately have been
circulating requests for individual e-mail addresses. It really isn't
any trouble for those with the information to respond, but I wonder if
it isn't time for some bright light to come up with a system for
recording at least IDs and nodes. Perhaps it's the result of the
proliferation of lists which Willard McCarty mentioned in a posting a
few weeks ago, but I think we are in the position of early users of the
telephone: we know who's on our local line, but have no directory for
other places! I am assuming, of course, that no such directory of
e-mail addresses has been compiled, because the flurry of queries lately
would surely have led some genius of the nets to supply its name, and
local habitation. Any ideas? Germaine.