4.1188 Rs: Sports; Bios; E-texts, address, resource (3/91)

Wed, 27 Mar 91 23:22:23 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1188. Wednesday, 27 Mar 1991.

(1) Date: Wed, 27 Mar 91 11:13:41 +0100 (MET) (23 lines)
From: garof@sixcom.sixcom.it
Subject: Re: Vol. 4, No. 1182. Tuesday, 26 Mar 1991. Stress Management

(2) Date: Wed, 27 Mar 91 16:19:44 EST (19 lines)
From: "Steven J. DeRose" <EL406011@BROWNVM>
Subject: Re: 4.1181 Misc: Biography Formats

(3) Date: Wed, 27 Mar 91 21:55 EST (49 lines)
From: Michel LENOBLE <LENOBLEM@umtlvr.bitnet>
Subject: Miscellaneous Responses

Date: Wed, 27 Mar 91 11:13:41 +0100 (MET)
From: garof@sixcom.sixcom.it

Regarding Charles Ess's search for top-level athletic stress programs:

I assume the "stress" is physical and not psychological.

Brandeis University has one of the strongest all-division
nationally-ranked running programs. If I remember correctly, it was
very similar to that of Keene State University in either Maine or New
Hampshire. Many of the athletes went to Colorado to study in the sports
medicine/training programs at the universit(y/ies) there. The physical
location also benefits from the US Olympic training center. I do not
remember the names of the programs, but one cannot go wrong looking
there.

Other's which might merit some contact are Tufts University Med School,
Harvard U. Med School, and the Massachusetts General Hospital Sports
Medicine program. All there are in the Boston area.

-Joe Giampapa
garof@sixcom.sixcom.it