4.1194 Queries: Text Preprocessing; Humor Studies (2/72)

Fri, 29 Mar 91 17:14:11 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1194. Friday, 29 Mar 1991.

(1) Date: Fri, 29 Mar 91 06:55 EST (53 lines)
From: Jean Veronis <VERONIS@VASSAR>
Subject: text preprocessing

(2) Date: Thu, 28 Mar 91 15:53:36 MST (19 lines)
From: "don l. f. nilsen" <ATDFN@ASUACAD>
Subject: HUMOR STUDIES

Date: Fri, 29 Mar 91 06:55 EST
From: Jean Veronis <VERONIS@VASSAR>

This question has been asked on the LN list, but I think it belongs on
HUMANIST too.

Jean Veronis
From: LTMATTHE@CNEDCU51.BITNET

Hello everyone!

My name is Alain Matthey and I am a computer scientist. I am
working as a research assistant in the Laboratory of Speech and
Language Processing of the University of Neuchatel (Switzerland).

The members of this laboratory are working now on a research
project which consists to develop a kind of spell and grammar
checker like Grammatik, IBM's Critique, Mac Proof, Hugo or Sans
fautes but for French native speakers who write in English.

In this project, I will have to implemant the "preprocessing step" which
consists to recognise and delimit the sentences and the words of a text.

How to find and delimit automatically sentences and words in any kind of
ASCII texts? That's the problem!!!

So I am looking for some informations (bibliography,
papers, etc.) about "preprocessing of ASCII texts".

For any more informations or for an answer, please contact me at
the address above:

Alain Matthey
Laboratoire de traitement du langage et de la parole
UNIVERSITE DE NEUCHATEL
Avenue du Premier-Mars 26
CH-2000 NEUCHATEL
SWITZERLAND

Phone: 038 25 38 51 (int. 27)
Fax: 038 25 18 32
E-mail: LTMATTHEY@CNEDCU51.BITNET

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards.

Alain Matthey

P.S. It is not forbidden to write in French!!!