4.1220 Rs: Unix Concording; De Italia; Stoned PC; &c. (4/60)

Tue, 9 Apr 91 23:09:34 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1220. Tuesday, 9 Apr 1991.

(1) Date: Mon, 8 Apr 91 17:51:35 PDT (15 lines)
From: tut@Eng.Sun.COM (Bill "Bill" Tuthill)
Subject: Re: Unix concordance package

(2) Date: Tue, 9 Apr 91 12:34:24 CDT (17 lines)
From: sem sutter <book@midway.uchicago.edu>
Subject: 4.1210 De Italia

(3) Date: Mon, 8 Apr 91 15:33:00 PST (8 lines)
From: Michael_Kessler.Hum@mailgate
Subject: Stoned PC

(4) Date: Mon, 8 Apr 91 19:51 EDT (20 lines)
From: Jean Veronis <VERONIS@vassar.bitnet>
Subject: Re: 4.1213 Gender

Date: Mon, 8 Apr 91 17:51:35 PDT
From: tut@Eng.Sun.COM (Bill "Bill" Tuthill)

Hum is still available, free. It was written in C on version 7 Unix
at UC Berkeley, back in the early 80s. Last week I compiled it on a
Sun-4 running SunOS 4.1, and it still runs. If you send me e-mail,
I'll reply with a shell archive of the Hum package (169k). You'll
have to compile it yourself.

It's odd that the Oxford Concordance Program was written in Fortran
because that was the most common language. I don't even have Fortran
on my machine now!

Bill