4.1236 TEI European Workshop (1/58)

Sun, 14 Apr 91 21:41:59 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1236. Sunday, 14 Apr 1991.

Date: Fri, 12 Apr 91 14:45 GMT
From: TEI@VAX.OXFORD.AC.UK
Subject: TEI European Workshop

[Following notice is for European eyes only]

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* TEI European Workshop *
* 1-2 July 1991 *
* Oxford, UK *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This is a preliminary announcement of the Text Encoding Initiative's
first European Workshop, to be held in Oxford, on 1st and 2nd July 1991.
There is a 'reply form' attached to the end of this notice, which you
should return to TEI@VAX.OXFORD.AC.UK as soon as possible if you are
thinking of attending.

For reasons of space, attendance at this Workshop must be strictly
limited. Although priority will be given to current members of TEI
Working Groups and Committees, a number of places will be available to
non-TEI participants. Exactly how many will depend on the level of
interest revealed by this posting.

The aim of the Workshop will be to provide detailed practical experience
in applying the TEI Guidelines to real-life text handling problems, and
to demonstrate the practical advantages of following the Guidelines.
A wide variety of software solutions will be demonstrated and participants
will also be given the opportunity to use state-of-the art SGML
and other software for themselves.

PS For North American Readers -- Fret not, a similar event is being
planned for you later in the year!

---------PLEASE COMPLETE AND RETURN THE FOLLOWING BY MAY 1st-------------

TO: TEI@VAX.OXFORD.AC.UK

TEI European Workshop 1-2 July 1991

Please X as many of the following as apply:

o I would definitely like to attend the workshop

o I would like to know more about the workshop
before committing myself

o I cannot attend on the dates specified, but would be
interested in other workshops

o I have read the Guidelines

o I have some knowledge of SGML

Your name: