4.1273 ARTFL by e-mail (1/22)

Tue, 23 Apr 91 21:39:06 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1273. Tuesday, 23 Apr 1991.

Date: Tue, 23 Apr 91 13:08:37 CDT
From: Mark Olsen <mark@gide.uchicago.edu>
Subject: ARTFL by e-mail

I am beginning to test an e-mail server for the ARTFL database.
MOPS (Mail Order Philis System) has a simple command language
to perform queries of the ARTFL database. Initial tests show that
it can be used from almost any networked computer, with reasonable
response time, depending on network traffic. If you are interested
in having a look at MOPS and ARTFL for testing purposes, please
contact me. Your university need not be a subscriber to the ARTFL
consortium during this test period, tho' you will be asked to
sign (by e-mail) a user agreement.

First draft documentation is also available on request if you are not
interested in testing the system.

Mark Olsen
ARTFL Project
mark@gide.uchicago.edu