5.0050 Library of Future; Pioneer Prices (2/46)

Tue, 14 May 91 22:33:17 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0050. Tuesday, 14 May 1991.

(1) Date: Mon, 13 May 91 11:56:07 CDT (38 lines)
From: "Michael S. Hart" <HART@vmd.cso.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Re: 5.0028 Review: Library of the Future

(2) Date: ???, ?? Apr 91 (8 lines)
From: Roy Flannagan <FLANNAGA@OUACCVMB>
Subject: "Brittanica" discs, *caveat emptor*!

Date: Mon, 13 May 91 11:56:07 CDT
From: "Michael S. Hart" <HART@vmd.cso.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Re: 5.0028 Review: Library of the Future (1/203)

re: Tzvee Zahavy <MAIC@VM1.SPCS.UMN.EDU>
Subject: Library of the Future
Date: Sun 28 Apr 1991

I have talked to Bill, Bob and Valerie Hustwit at LOTF several times and
am of the definite impression that the works contained on the LOTF are ~NOT~
in the Public Domain (at least in the form in which they are presented in
most cases, and in particular in the specific case of A. Conan Doyle as
mentioned by the author. I have already received a call back from them
confirming their etexts were NOT intended to be Public Domain, and were
not to be considered as such. Michael S. Hart
------------
| The trend of library policy is clearly toward
| the ideal of making all information available
| without delay to all people.
|
|The Software Toolworks Illustrated Encyclopedia (TM)
|(c) 1990 Grolier Electronic Publishing, Inc.

Thank you for your interest,

Michael S. Hart, Director, Project Gutenberg
Please excuse typos, most writing done at a terminal,
written fast w/o spellchecker (margins are for fun!).
Emphases are *bolded*, ~italicized~ and _underlined_.

INTERNET: hart@vmd.cso.uiuc.edu
BITNET: hart@uiucvmd.bitnet

The views expressed herein do not necessarily reflect
the views of any person or institution. Neither Prof
Hart nor Project Gutenberg have any official contacts
with the University of Illinois, SIMTEL20 or TRW.