Tue, 21 May 91 15:45:35 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0088. Tuesday, 21 May 1991.

(1) Date: Sat, 18 May 1991 10:46 +0800 (27 lines)
From: "Tze-wan KWAN, CUHK, Hongkong" <B071767@CUCSC.BITNET>
Subject: InfoSelect and other PIM applications

(2) Date: Sun, 19 May 1991 18:47 EDT (11 lines)
From: LINDYK@Vax2.Concordia.CA
Subject: Re: 5.0073 Signatures

(3) Date: Mon, 20 May 91 16:14:41 MDT (18 lines)
From: koontz@alpha (John E. Koontz)
Subject: Re: 5.0064 Queries: Listserv Directory

Date: Sat, 18 May 1991 10:46 +0800
From: "Tze-wan KWAN, Philosophy Dept., CUHK, Hongkong" <B071767@CUCSC.BITNET>

Ed Haupt's brief note on InfoSelect gave me some good ideas on how
InfoSelect works. After browsing through some previous issues of PC
Magazine I come to know that Info-Select is a further development of
another application called TORNADO. Are there anyone out there who have
tried both applications and can make a brief comparison between them?
Furthermore, it seems to me that InfoSelect belongs to a new class of
application now known as PIM (Personal information manager) which is
obviously very important for humanities computing. I was also told that
AGENDA (ver.2) of Lotus Corporation is a leading product of this sort. I
once came across it in a friend's office but couldn't get much of it as I
had on that occasion only half an hour at my disposal. Can any frequent
user of AGENDA shares his experience on this list? In addition to all this
, I have also heard of a product called SQUARENOTE which is less memory
comsuming and much less sophisticated than AGENDA. Any other inforamation
on PIM would be very much appreciated!

Tze-wan Kwan
Philosophy Department,
The Chinese University of Hongkong,