5.0104 Qs: Morman BBs; Self-Immolation; Comoroff; African

Mon, 27 May 91 16:21:27 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0104. Monday, 27 May 1991.

(1) Date: Fri, 24 May 91 18:13:28 EDT (22 lines)
From: "David C. Wright" <DCWRIGHT@PUCC>
Subject: Mormon bulletin boards

(2) Date: Sat, 25 May 91 13:39:53 PDT (20 lines)
From: Dave Graber <GRABER@UWAVM.U.WASHINGTON.EDU>
Subject: Self-Immolation?

(3) Date: Mon, 27 May 91 14:20 EST (10 lines)
From: <FORHAN@SIENA>
Subject: query: Jean Comoroff

(4) Date: Mon, 27 May 91 21:57 N (15 lines)
From: <KNAPPEN@DMZNAT51>
Subject: Query: African Alphabetisation Standards

Date: Fri, 24 May 91 18:13:28 EDT
From: "David C. Wright" <DCWRIGHT@PUCC>

For some time now I have been vaguely aware of the existence somewhere
of one or more electronic bulletin boards relating to Mormonism and
issues discussed by the "liberal" Mormon community (women and the
priesthood, Mark Hoffman, the Church's stance on homosexuality and
abortion, the continuing practice of plural marriage by fundamentalists,
Mormon attitudes toward war and peace, the New Mormon History, etc.). I
called the Sunstone people in Salt Lake City today, but they knew even
less about these bulletin boards than I do.

Does anyone know where such bulletin boards are and how I can gain
access to them? I am really more interested in discussing Mormonism with
intelligent and informed people than I am in entering into a dialogue
with Mormon-bashers or other evangelical anti-"cult" crusaders.

I will appreciate any information anyone can give me.

--David C. Wright