5.0107 Qs: ICAME; Hindi; Bibliographic DBs; Barcelona (4/80)

Wed, 29 May 91 21:37:45 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0107. Wednesday, 29 May 1991.

(1) Date: Tue, 28 May 91 10:28:53 edt (13 lines)
From: "Van Doren, Frederick L." <VANDOREN@DICKINSN.Bitnet>
Subject: 5.0100 ICAME Conference Report

(2) Date: Tue, 28 May 91 19:17 GMT (26 lines)
From: David E Newton <DEN1@vaxb.york.ac.uk>
Subject: Hindi Loanwords

(3) Date: Wed, 29 May 1991 10:44:49 +1000 (27 lines)
From: Tony.Hancock@cc.utas.edu.au (Tony Hancock)
Subject: Bibliographic databases

(4) Date: Tue, 28 May 1991 21:36:33 CDT (14 lines)
From: 1ECHAD@UTSA86.UTSA.EDU (Helen Aristar-Dry)
Subject: Contacts in Barcelona

Date: Tue, 28 May 91 10:28:53 edt
From: "Van Doren, Frederick L." <VANDOREN@DICKINSN.Bitnet>

As a researcher in Russian conversational and colloquial speech, I found
the ICAME report a fascinating look at a related field I know nothing
about. A few basic questions:

What is ICAME?
What is TEI?
Are conference reports available?
Where does one turn for a general orientation into corpus linguistics?