5.0134 Computing in the Humanities (2/59)

Tue, 11 Jun 91 16:56:23 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0134. Tuesday, 11 Jun 1991.

(1) Date: Mon, 10 Jun 91 19:43 CDT (9 lines)
From: Michael Ossar <MLO@KSUVM>
Subject: computers and equality

(2) Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1991 00:44:50 -0400 (50 lines)
From: mccarty@epas.utoronto.ca (Willard McCarty)
Subject: humanities computing

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 91 19:43 CDT
From: Michael Ossar <MLO@KSUVM>

I want to thank Gary Forsythe for his fascinating message. But how does
a voice synthesizer function for someone who presumably receives files
and needs to deal with texts in several modern and classical languages?
How does it handle, for example, a Greek quote embedded in an English
context?