5.0171 Qs: Grammar; MARK Format; E-Wittgenstein; E-Adams (4/53)

Fri, 21 Jun 91 16:34:33 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0171. Friday, 21 Jun 1991.

(1) Date: Thu, 20 Jun 91 20:10:47 EDT (15 lines)
From: JKOHI@ncsuvm.cc.ncsu.edu
Subject: grammar checking

(2) Date: Fri, 21 Jun 91 11:00:11 EDT (14 lines)
From: Maurizio Lana <LANA@ITOCISI>
Subject: MARK format: what is it?

(3) Date: Fri, 21 Jun 91 16:44:21 BST (11 lines)
From: Richard Giordano <rich@cs.man.ac.uk>
Subject: Wittgenstein

(4) Date: Fri, 21 Jun 91 14:43 EST (13 lines)
From: "Joel Elliott (jeliot@unc)" <JELIOT@UNC>
Subject: works of john adams

Date: Thu, 20 Jun 91 20:10:47 EDT
From: JKOHI@ncsuvm.cc.ncsu.edu

In the past I have avoided using PC based grammar checkers but of late
have heard that they have progressed in terms of their accuracy and
flexibility. I had been thinking of getting one for my students to use
on their writing before submitting it to me and wanted to solicit some
opinions from both those who are users and those who have may have a
professional interest in the computing and linguistic analysis questions
raised by this software. Thanks in advance.

Jonathan Ocko
Dept. History
NC State University
jkohi@ncsuvm.ncsu.edu