Thu, 27 Jun 91 14:51:10 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0199. Thursday, 27 Jun 1991.

(1) Date: Thursday, 27 June 1991 0125-EST (16 lines)
From: KRAFT@PENNDRLS
Subject: PC Discussions

(2) Date: Thu, 27 Jun 91 08:54:09 MDT (24 lines)
From: koontz@alpha (John E. Koontz)
Subject: Re: 5.0194 ... E-Mail; ...

Date: Thursday, 27 June 1991 0125-EST
From: KRAFT@PENNDRLS

One place to stalk recent discussions of "PC" and
related issues would be commencement addresses by
various personages this past graduation. It was a
topic here at Penn (Sheldon Hackney, building on
the marvelous Doonesbury strip depicting a University
president reduced to silence by attempting to conform
to PC demands/expectations), and also at Yale, I'm
told, and doubtless in numerous other such situations.
Now, exactly how to get at those speeches may be quite
another problem -- campus newspapers often have ceased
functioning by graduation time, etc.
Bob Kraft, UPenn.edu