5.0204 Qs: Naming a mediator; Biblio SW (2/38)

Sun, 30 Jun 91 22:28:06 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0204. Sunday, 30 Jun 1991.

(1) Date: Friday, 28 June 1991 0118-EST (24 lines)
From: KRAFT@PENNDRLS
Subject: Naming Suggestions

(2) Date: Fri, 28 Jun 91 08:47 EST (14 lines)
From: DAN MANDELL (219)284-4610 <XLYKN8@IRISHMVS.BITNET>
Subject: Good Bibliographic Software

Date: Friday, 28 June 1991 0118-EST
From: KRAFT@PENNDRLS

A colleague of mine at the Wharton Business School is
seeking suggestions from classical and/or mythological
worlds of a name to give to a program that serves a
mediatorial and resolving function in disputes and
negotiations. His description follows. I told him that
HUMANISTs would be brimming with ideas, so this is a
test! You may post suggestions directly to him, or,
if you really want to share your cleverness, to the
group and I will mediate them to him. Bob Kraft

From: SHELLRIC@WILMA.WHARTON.UPENN.EDU
Subject: Name of Computer Program

The program acts as a kind of mediator for disputants and negotiators by
guiding them through some input steps, permitting communication through
a network, and finally suggesting agreements that may be better for all
parties. I am looking for a name from mythology (east or west) but will
entertain any ideas that suggest the value of cooperation. Some ideas
so far: Solomon, Mesites, Peraklete. Suggestions? Thanks for your
help!

Rich Shell