5.0220 (2/22

Sun, 7 Jul 91 17:25:58 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0220. Sunday, 7 Jul 1991.

(1) Date: 04 Jul 91 16:22:51 EST (13 lines)
From: James O'Donnell <JODONNEL@PENNSAS.UPENN.EDU>
Subject: ETAOIN SHRDLU

(2) Date: Sat, 06 Jul 91 04:49 PDT (9 lines)
From: Jack Kolb <IKW4GWI@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>

Date: 04 Jul 91 16:22:51 EST
From: James O'Donnell <JODONNEL@PENNSAS.UPENN.EDU>
Subject: 5.0213 Qs: Etext lists; Grad School for HC; ... (6/122)

ETAOIN SHRDLU one more time:

Now does anybody have any idea why we find this subject collectively so
interesting that somebody would even put the letter sequence on a dress?
What obscure grammatological magic do we think we are exercising by
knowing these unpronounceable graphemes?

Jim O'Donnell
Classics, Penn