5.0231 Rs: Corpora Surveys; Latin CAL (2/67)

Mon, 15 Jul 1991 21:29:15 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0231. Monday, 15 Jul 1991.

(1) Date: Fri, 12 Jul 91 14:19:10 BST (36 lines)
From: Martin Wynne <LNP5MW@CMS1.LEEDS.AC.UK>
Subject: Surveys of Machine-Reader Corpora

(2) Date: Wed, 10 JUL 91 14:59:39 +0100 (31 lines)
From: SA_RAE@vax.acs.open.ac.uk
Subject: Latin CAL

Date: Fri, 12 Jul 91 14:19:10 BST
From: Martin Wynne <LNP5MW@CMS1.LEEDS.AC.UK>
Subject: re: Texts for electronic library

Steve McCluskey asks if there are any surveys of machine-readable
corpora available.
I know of one such, compiled last year by Steve Fligelstone at the
University of Lancaster for ICAME (International Computer Archive of
Modern English).
It's available from the ICAME server, by sending the following to
nafserv@nora.navf-edb-h.iub.no :

send icame survey.corpora

The Oxford Text Archive catalogue is also an
invaluable source of information on all sorts of machine-readable texts.
This is available on janet from archive@uk.ac.oxford.vax .

I've also heard of a project at the Centre for Text and Technology at
Georgetown University to create a database about archives of MR text.
The address for that is:

Michael Neuman, Ph.D.,
Georgetown Centre for Text and TEchnology,
Reiss Science Building,
Room 238,
Georgetown University,
Washington,
DC 20057,
USA.

(Sorry - I haven't got the email address)

-Martin Wynne
-Dept. of Lnguistics & Phonetics
-University of Leeds