5.0232 Tanselle's Syllabus; Women & Language (2/46)

Tue, 16 Jul 1991 22:10:36 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0232. Tuesday, 16 Jul 1991.

(1) Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1991 08:13:25 EDT (26 lines)
From: kos@CUNYVMS1
Subject: Intro to Bibliography

(2) Date: Thu, 11 Jul 91 16:24 EST (20 lines)
From: "Keith Nightenhelser, Depauw Univ." <K_NIGHT@DePauw.Bitnet>
Subject: texts for women and language course

Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1991 08:13:25 EDT
From: kos@CUNYVMS1

I just picked up a wonderful document: The syllabus to G. Thomas Tanselle's
course "Introduction to Bibliography" which he teaches at Columbia. If you
are familiar with Tanselle's work, then you know that this is not merely
technical listings, but also a path to various others disciplines, such as
textual editing. It's 100 pages long, single-spaced, double-sided (imagine
giving that to your one-semester class!), and filled with all sorts of
information.

It is available for $15 (postpaid) from:

Book Arts Press
Columbia University
School of Library Service
516 Butler Library
New York, NY 10027

Enjoy.
Bob Kosovsky
Graduate Center (Ph.D. Program in Music)/City University of New York
New York Public Library--Music Division
bitnet: kos@cunyvms1.bitnet
internet: kos@cunyvms1.gc.cuny.edu