5.0345 Jobs: Oxford Computing Services Positions (1/58)

Tue, 1 Oct 1991 20:25:11 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0345. Tuesday, 1 Oct 1991.

Date: Tue, 1 Oct 91 10:12 BST
From: STUART@VAX.OXFORD.AC.UK
Subject: Oxford University Computing Services Positions

The following positions may be of interest to HUMANIST users. The CTI
Centre for Textual Studies is part of a nationwide government-funded
initiative to enhance the use of computers in the teaching of certain
humanities subjects at University level. We provide several
publications, conduct visits to Higher Education establishments
throughout the UK, run our own workshops, and attend conferences
whenever appropriate. The Centre covers several humanities subjects
including: literature, linguistics, classics, theology, philosophy, and
theatre arts & drama.

Should you require any further details please contact me at the following
address:

Stuart Lee
Research Officer
CTI Centre for Textual Studies
Oxford University Computing Service
13 Banbury Road
Oxford
OX2 6NN
Tel:0865-273221
Fax:0865-273275
E-mail: STUART@UK.AC.OX.VAX

OXFORD UNIVERSITY COMPUTING SERVICES

RESEARCH OFFICER (Grade RSIA)
(11,969 - 19,073)

Applications are invited for a Research Officer who will be
responsible for academic liaison and presenting seminars
and workshops for the Computers in Teaching Centre for
Textual Studies. Applicants should be graduates in a
humanities subject and have experience in text-based
computing and computer assisted learning. The appointment
will be for a fixed period terminating in July 1993.

RESEARCH OFFICER (Grade RSIA)
(11,969 - 19,073)

Applications are invited for a Research Officer to work on
the newly-funded IT Training Initiative project, Hypermedia
in Languages and Literature. Applicants must be graduates
and have experience of computer programming in a hypermedia
and graphics environment (preferably using Guide for the
PC). This post is for two years in the first instance.

Further details and application forms can be obtained from
Judith Thompson, Oxford University Computing Services, 13
Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN (Tel: 0865-273230, e-mail
JUDITH@UK.AC.OXFORD.VAX).

The closing date for the submission of application forms is
16 October 1991.

Interviews will be held on Friday 25 October 1991.