5.0352 Rs: Genealogy; VMS SW (2/51)

Wed, 2 Oct 1991 23:26:57 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0352. Wednesday, 2 Oct 1991.

(1) Date: Tue, 01 Oct 91 13:10:20 MST (30 lines)
From: Dan Lester <ALILESTE@IDBSU>
Subject: Re: 5.0341 Genealogy

(2) Date: Mon, 30 Sep 91 15:01 BST (21 lines)
From: DAVID BARRY <UBJV649@CU.BBK.AC.UK>
Subject: E-Classroom VMS software (RE:Vol 5 no 0281) query one, Karl Sign

Date: Tue, 01 Oct 91 13:10:20 MST
From: Dan Lester <ALILESTE@IDBSU>
Subject: Re: 5.0341 Qs: tree-diagrams; BL/Janet; Shakespeare;... (5/108)

I have been very pleased with Family Tree Maker for genealogy. It is
inexpensive, about $49 if I remember correctly, and does all of the
things that I need. It will make ancestor trees or descendant trees.
It allows you to add notes about individuals. It handles my strange
family, complete with multiple marriages and divorces, step children,
marrying a first cousin who was really adopted into the family, and so
on.

Oh, yes, it also allows you to print ALL descendants or ancestors,
or to limit it in various ways.

For the LDS members it will also print things in "LDS Format" as well as
"normal format".

I have no connection with them. I am just a satisfied user of the
program.

dan

* Dan Lester Bitnet: alileste@idbsu
* Associate University Librarian Internet: alileste@idbsu.idbsu.edu
* Boise State University
* Boise, Idaho 83725 You can be sure these ideas are my
* 208-385-1234 own; no one else would have them.