5.0395 Holocaust Database (1/32)

Thu, 17 Oct 1991 21:22:09 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0395. Thursday, 17 Oct 1991.

Date: Wed, 16 Oct 91 13:38 +0300
From: <RWERMAN@HUJIVMS>
From: <CHARNY@TAUNOS>
Subject: Holocaust DataBase

This is to announce the forthcoming availability of a database of
literature on the Holocaust and Genocide. The study of the Holocaust
and Genocide in general has emerged in the last 10 years as an
independent field of academic research, with much learnt for its
future prevention.

A leader in spreading this knowledge is the Institute on the
Holocaust and Genocide in Jerusalem which has published 2 printed
bibliographies (Facts on File - 1988 and 1991 (Vol,2)) and has just
completed the first stage in the production of a computerized
database thanks to a research grant from the United States Institute
of Peace.

The initial database comprises literature from 1980-1990 , and has
been compiled from a multitude of sources including the Institute's
own published bibliographies , a distinguished panel of scholars and
various online databases. The disciplines covered include religion,
psychology, sociology, law, medicine and history, and the database
currently contains some 9000 unique bibliographic citations.

We would like to hear from anyone interested in accessing the
database, either online or in a PC disk-based version, and we welcome
comments and suggestions from anyone who has access to sources which
could help enrich the database. We will be seeking funding to
broaden the scope and availability of the database, and seek fund-
raising ideas and contacts.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

David Lisbona 71307.2020@compuserve.com
Institute on the Holocaust and Genocide, Project Director