5.0415 Rs: Russian & Spanish & PC-Write; SoftPC; ... (3/43)

Sun, 27 Oct 1991 23:17:50 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0415. Sunday, 27 Oct 1991.

(1) Date: Tue, 22 Oct 91 08:26:00 PST (18 lines)
From: Michael_Kessler.Hum@mailgate.sfsu.edu
Subject: Russian, Spanish

(2) Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1991 15:00:55 +0200 (17 lines)
From: Espen Ore <espeno@navf-edb-h.uib.no>
Subject: 5.0400 Qs: DOS CDROMs on NexT;

(3) Date: Fri, 25 Oct 91 9:22:59 EDT (8 lines)
From: Heyward Ehrlich <ehrlich@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Re: 5.0411 Qs: Etexts (3/53)

Date: Tue, 22 Oct 91 08:26:00 PST
From: Michael_Kessler.Hum@mailgate.sfsu.edu

The version of PC-Write that accepts the standard Russian keyboard is
probably PC-Lite 1.02, which is shareware in the U.K. distributed by
Folio Shareware in West Yorkshire, while the full version is not. The
issue is not the keyboard layout (PC-Lite can use either the standard
Russian keyboard or the "phonics" keyboard) but the allocation of the
Russian characters in the upper ASCII table. I happen to have tested a
Russian spellchecker, i.e. made in Russia, which worked with a PC-Lite
generated text, which leads me to believe that this is the word
processing program that was used in Russia.

There is a translation program available for Spanish called Tranlate.
It is available through Finalsoft Corporation (305) 477-2703.

MKessler@HUM.SFSU.EDU