5.0440 Lists: Iberian Peninsula; Evangelical Christianity (2/110)

Mon, 11 Nov 1991 18:41:49 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0440. Monday, 11 Nov 1991.

(1) Date: Sun, 10 Nov 91 20:52:56 CST (59 lines)
From: "Lynn H. Nelson" <LHNELSON@UKANVM>
Subject: New Lists

(2) Date: Sun, 10 Nov 91 20:55:43 CST (51 lines)
From: "Lynn H. Nelson" <LHNELSON@UKANVM>

Date: Sun, 10 Nov 91 20:52:56 CST
From: "Lynn H. Nelson" <LHNELSON@UKANVM>

I am sending this announcement of a new list, together with another to
follow, in the hopes that they might be of interest to some of your
members.
Lynn H. Nelson

ESPORA-L@UKANVM

We are pleased to announce the establishment of a list for
Spanish and Portuguese Historical Studies. Subscriptions should
be made to LISTSERV AT UKANVM with the command SUB ESPORA-L
USERID@NODE, adding your full name; LISTSERV will accept both
BITNET and INTERNET addresses. Postings should be made to
ESPORA-L@UKANVM. The owners would appreciate it if subscribers
would send them BY E-MAIL a short biographical resume for
inclusion in a directory of members: send to either LHNELSON-
@UKANVM or RCLEMENT@UKANVM.

Our FTP directory is presently empty. If subscribers have
materials they believe worth including, please contact
either of the list owners. This site will operate in co-operation
with ra.msstate.edu and the contents of its directories will form
part of a union catalogue with ra.msstate and other co-operating
sites.

The following is a formal statement of purpose. We would like to
welcome our colleagues to ESPORA-L and express our hope that it
will prove a benefit to us all.

Richard Clement
Lynn H. Nelson

The University of Kansas

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

ESPORA-L is a forum for debate, discussion, and the exchange of
information by students and scholars of the history of the
Iberian Peninsula from the earliest times to the present.
Although the command language of ESPORA-L is English, postings in
Portuguese, Spanish, and Catalan are welcome, and list members
are encouraged to communicate in whichever language they are most
comfortable. ESPORA-L is ready to distribute newsletters from
study groups, and to post announcements of meetings and calls
for papers, short scholarly pieces, queries, and other items of
interest.

The lists maintains a directory at the FTP site
kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (CD DUA9 [malin.espora]), for the collection
and preservation of materials of use for its members.

ESPORA-L is associated with the general discussion list HISTORY,
and co-operates fully with other lists similarly associated.