5.0480 Rs: Quotation Cite (4/67)

Wed, 27 Nov 1991 18:56:56 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0480. Wednesday, 27 Nov 1991.

(1) Date: Tue, 26 Nov 91 19:32:21 MST (11 lines)
From: <DMIALL@UALTAVM>
Subject: Spanish quotation

(2) Date: Tue, 26 Nov 91 23:08 PST (15 lines)
From: Shirley Arora <ILX3ARO@UCLAMVS.BITNET>
Subject: Re: 5.0477 Qs: Quote

(3) Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1991 15:48 EDT (20 lines)
From: Karl Van Ausdal <VANAUSDALK@APPSTATE.BITNET>
Subject: Response: Nov. 25 quote query

(4) Date: Wed, 27 Nov 91 20:34:40 GMT (21 lines)
From: "N.O." Monaghan <monaghan@hci.heriot-watt.ac.uk>

Date: Tue, 26 Nov 91 19:32:21 MST
From: <DMIALL@UALTAVM>

From: David S. Miall Department of English
University of Alberta

The lines that Martin Raish quoted the other day seem to be a version
of the quote attributed to Charles V: "Je parle espagnol a Dieu,
italien aux femmes, francais aux hommes at allemand a mon cheval."
How he spoke to his cat is not recorded.
Regards, David Miall