5.0498 Rs: Computers in Literature (2/69)

Wed, 4 Dec 1991 18:03:41 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0498. Wednesday, 4 Dec 1991.

(1) Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1991 08:00:04 -0500 (16 lines)
From: rsiemens@epas.utoronto.ca (Ray Siemens)
Subject: Re: 5.0492 N&Q: Volkswriter; Internet; Mac Mail S/W ...

(2) Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1991 08:43 EST (53 lines)
From: Herb Stahlke <00HFSTAHLKE@BSUVAX1.BITNET>

Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1991 08:00:04 -0500
From: rsiemens@epas.utoronto.ca (Ray Siemens)
Subject: Re: 5.0492 N&Q: Volkswriter; Internet; Mac Mail S/W ... (4/96)

literature, an interesting figure to look into might be Kurt Vonnegut
who, according to information in his biography and, I believe, in
_Palm Sunday_, worked with or had contact with an early project to use
computers to analyse literary texts. I also think he wrote a story or
two in which a computer wishes to emote (the basis, as I recall, for a
movie called _Electric Dreams_). Hope this helps, Ray Siemens.