5.0512 Linguistic Society: Cmte on Status of Women (1/58)

Mon, 9 Dec 1991 18:48:26 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0512. Monday, 9 Dec 1991.

Date: Mon, 9 Dec 91 15:19:10 CST
From: battiste@cis.uab.edu (Ed Battistella)
Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT

COSWL ANNOUNCEMENTS

At this year's Annual Meeting of the LINGUISTIC SOCIETY
OF AMERICA (Jan. 9-12, 1992) the Committee on the Status
of Women in Linguistics will once again sponsor a breakfast
meeting to update LSA members on its current and planned
activities. The COSWL breakfast will be held on the
morning of January 11, from 7:30 to 9:00 AM. All LSA
members--women and men--are invited to join us.

Preregistration is required and the cost of the breakfast
is $10 for regular members and $5 for student members.

Preregistration must be received by the LSA by December 20. You
can send your preregistration for the breakfast along with
your LSA preregistration by checking the appropriate box on
the preregistration form.

This year's COSWL breakfast will be supported in part by
contributions from Kluwer Academic Publishers and from
Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. Our thanks especially to
Martin Scrivener of Kluwer and to Judith Amsel of LEA.

On Friday, January 10, from 12:30 to 2:00 PM, COSWL
will also sponsor an open discussion on "Language
Guidelines and Other Usage Issues," at which we will
present proposals for usage guidelines for scholarly
communication in linguistics and will invite suggestions,
comments, and ideas. If you would like to obtain a copy
of our current draft version, contact any COSWL member.

The members of COSWL would also like to recognize and
thank the current members whose terms of expiring,
Ellen Broselow of the State University of New York at
Stony Brook, Penny Eckert of the Institute for Research
on Learning, and Cari Spring of Ohio State University.

We would also like to welcome our three new
members: Victoria Bergvall, Lynne Murphy and Susan
Steele.

Coswl Members Email addresses:

1991 Chair
Penny Eckert Penny_Eckert@IRL.com