5.0519 Qs: Moscow EMail; IPA Chars; Indexing; Dorothy Day (4/76)

Wed, 11 Dec 1991 18:18:46 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0519. Wednesday, 11 Dec 1991.

(1) Date: Wed, 11 Dec 91 08:54 EST (24 lines)
From: "Tom Benson 814-865-4201" <T3B@PSUVM>
Subject: Moscow email

(2) Date: Tue, 10 Dec 91 21:18:07 MST (12 lines)
From: Randall Jones <HRCJONES@BYUVM>
Subject: IPA Characters in WordPerfect?

(3) Date: Wed, 11 Dec 91 10:35:16 CST (14 lines)
From: Larry W. Hurtado <hurtado@ccu.UManitoba.CA>
Subject: indexing software query

(4) Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1991 13:42 CDT (26 lines)
From: "MICHAEL B. PATE" <9566PATEM@VMS.CSD.MU.EDU>
Subject: Dorothy Day

Date: Wed, 11 Dec 91 08:54 EST
From: "Tom Benson 814-865-4201" <T3B@PSUVM>

I will be traveling to Moscow December 14-20th under the
sponsorship of IREX to consult on setting up further email
contacts with scholars from the [Soviet?] Academy of
Sciences. I expect to be meeting with academicians from
a variety of institutes in humanities and social sciences,
and trying to expedite their connection to international
electronic mail. If any HUMANIST readers have suggestions
of Moscow scholars/institutes with whom I should try to
schedule an appointment, I'd be grateful. Thanks.
Please send suggestions to me with a copy to our principal
Moscow contact, Dr. Alexandra Belyaeva (abelyaeva@home.vega.msk.su).

Tom Benson | INTERNET: t3b@psuvm.psu.edu
Dept. of Speech Communication | BITNET: T3B@PSUVM
Penn State University |
227 Sparks Building | FAX: 814-863-7986
University Park, PA 16802 USA
814-238-5277 (home); 814-865-4201 (office); 814-865-3461 (secretary)