5.0539 Computers in Literature (2/32)

Tue, 17 Dec 1991 23:34:53 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0539. Tuesday, 17 Dec 1991.

(1) Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1991 20:23:56 -0500 (11 lines)
From: warkent@epas.utoronto.ca (Germaine Warkentin)
Subject: Computers in literature

(2) Date: Mon, 16 Dec 91 09:40:21 GMT (21 lines)
From: stephen clark <AP01@liverpool.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Computers in Lit

Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1991 20:23:56 -0500
From: warkent@epas.utoronto.ca (Germaine Warkentin)

I can't check this because my daughter has moved to England and taken
my copy, but SURELY there must be a computer somewhere in Douglas
Adams' _A Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy_. I distinctly remember
that in that book the answer to the meaning of the universe was "42".
The problem was, what was the question! Germaine Warkentin
<warkent@epas.utoronto.ca>