5.0540 Qs: *When God was Woman*; F Word Etymology (2/39)

Tue, 17 Dec 1991 23:37:07 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0540. Tuesday, 17 Dec 1991.

(1) Date: Fri, 13 Dec 91 16:51 GMT (13 lines)
From: George Aichele <0004705237@mcimail.com>
Subject: Query

(2) Date: Mon, 16 Dec 91 11:07 EST (26 lines)
From: "Ed Harris, Academic Affairs, So Ct State U"
Subject: The f word

Date: Fri, 13 Dec 91 16:51 GMT
From: George Aichele <0004705237@mcimail.com>

A friend has asked my opinion of *When God Was a Woman*, by Merlin
Stone (a pseudonym??), Dial Press, 1976. A quick glance indicates
that the book argues that ancient Near Eastern religions featured
powerful female deities. But this is pretty far removed from my
own work, and I'd appreciate any evaluations of it, or suggestions
of other (better?) works on this and related topics. Thanks.

George Aichele