5.0573 From the Editors: Apologies, &c. (1/34)

Mon, 13 Jan 1992 21:57:34 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0573. Monday, 13 Jan 1992.

Date: Mon, 13 Jan 92 21:26:29 EST
From: Elaine Brennan & Allen Renear <EDITORS@BROWNVM>
Subject: From the Editors: Apologies

Apologies for the unannounced hiatus in Humanist digests.

And a few other things while I'm at it...

-- if any of you receive new introductory kits and biography
templates because changed your address or rejoined, you may ignore them.

-- pending a style sheet for Humanist submission (we've had one in
draft for a year) here are a few things to make our lives easier.

* LISTSERV commands must be sent to LISTSERV@BROWNVM or
LISTSERV@BROWNVM.BROWN.HUMANIST.
Do not send them to HUMANIST@BROWNVM

* Include a standard subject line in the header if your
mailer supports that; otherwise include a subject line
in the body. Don't do both.

* Include your full name, preferably as part of the mail header.

* Indicate paragraphing by blank lines, not indentations only.

* Do not use tabs.

* Do not include lines of "="s in the body of your mail.

* Do not include the text of the message you are replying to
unless you really mean to.

* Do not include more than one subject in a submission.

Thanks. And a belated Happy New Year! -- Allen