5.0626 Bibliography SW (2/55)

Sun, 26 Jan 1992 22:35:25 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0626. Sunday, 26 Jan 1992.

(1) Date: Fri, 24 Jan 92 21:51:12 -0500 (34 lines)
From: stigle@CS.UNCA.EDU (Sue Stigleman)
Subject: Bibliography software for Macintosh

(2) Date: Sat, 25 Jan 92 00:27 PST (21 lines)
From: Kirshenblatt-Gimblett 213-458-9811 <ENQ8BKG@UCLAMVS.BITNET>
Subject: Bibliographic Databases, Pros and Cons

(1) --------------------------------------------------------------47----
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 92 21:51:12 -0500
From: stigle@CS.UNCA.EDU (Sue Stigleman)

I recently wrote an overview of bibliography software which
appeared in the journal Database in the February 1992 issue.
(Didn't know it was February yet, did you?) The article
discusses the features in bibliography software and has
a table with general information about 35 or so programs.
Thirteen programs run on the Macintosh. Addresses and
phone numbers for the producers are given in the article.
The article also has 8 questions for you to answer to
help you narrow down the possible programs to a more
manageable number.

The complete citation:
Stigleman, Sue. Bibliography Formatting Software: A Buying
Guide. Database 15(1):15-27, February 1992.

I use MS-DOS software more myself, but I will try to respond
to Macintosh software questions, if there are specific questions
I could answer.

Oh -- another comment. The journal above is Database, all one
word, not Data Base, which is a computer science journal. Database
is an online/CD-ROM/librarianship journal.

Sue Stigleman
stigle@cs.unca.edu
Asheville, NC
Librarian currently working as writer/consultant/student.