5.0628 Bibliography SW (2/55)

Wed, 29 Jan 1992 23:09:48 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0628. Wednesday, 29 Jan 1992.

(1) Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1992 19:42:52 -0500 (24 lines)
From: mlbizer@phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Subject: Bibliography databases for the Mac

(2) Date: Tue, 28 Jan 92 12:21:07 -0500 (31 lines)
From: stigle@CS.UNCA.EDU (Sue Stigleman)
Subject: Bibliography software (clarification about Database)

Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1992 19:42:52 -0500
From: mlbizer@phoenix.Princeton.EDU

Dear Humanist participants,

Someone recently recommended ProCite as the best available bibliography
database manager for the Mac. I would be interested in hearing from
someone who is familiar with both ProCite and EndNote Plus, since I have
been using EndNote Plus (and simple EndNote) with considerable
satisfaction for over two years. MacUser recently rated EndNote Plus
best of three bibliography programs (although ProCite was not among
them). I do know that EndNote Plus can export records in ProCite
format. As far as EndNote Plus is concerned, it is a significant
improvement over EndNote, since it offers much better search and
formatting capabilities and adds sorting which was absent from EndNote.
Apparently neither EndNote Plus nor EndNote are directly compatibile
with Nisus (the most powerful word processor available for the Mac), but
they do work well with WordPerfect, Word, MacWrite, WriteNow, etc.

Sincerely,
Marc Bizer (mlbizer@phoenix.princeton.edu)
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures
Princeton University