5.0689 Computer Skills Courses (1/11)

Mon, 17 Feb 1992 19:39:54 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0689. Monday, 17 Feb 1992.

Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1992 15:01 CDT
From: Mark Glazer <MG6BE8@PANAM>
Subject: Computer classes

Here at the University of Texas - Pan American we have had a compulsory course
in computing which has been part of our general education requirements since
the Fall of 1984. The course teaches basic computing skills which includes DOS,
Word Perfect, Lotus 123 and dBase. We have student labs which are open late
into the evenings. Students use these facilities to write and print e.g. term
papers as well as for other computing classes. The class and the microcomputing
labs have been a great success for us. Student fees collected for this
purposes go into the operation and mainatence of these labs. The labs are also
used for classes in English, French, History, Political Science and Sociology.

Mark Glazer