5.0739 Qs: Concordancing; E-Mail; Cultural Diversity (3/83)

Tue, 3 Mar 1992 19:17:28 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0739. Tuesday, 3 Mar 1992.

(1) Date: Mon, 2 Mar 92 21:01:05 EST (36 lines)
From: lenoblem@ERE.UMontreal.CA (Lenoble Michel)
Subject: Concordance publication

(2) Date: Tue, 3 Mar 92 09:44:22 GMT (21 lines)
From: pjd@language-centre.glasgow.ac.uk
Subject: E-mail address

(3) Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1992 09:02 EST (26 lines)
From: WEST@UNCA.BITNET
Subject: Cultural Diversity Cites Wanted

Date: Mon, 2 Mar 92 21:01:05 EST
From: lenoblem@ERE.UMontreal.CA (Lenoble Michel)

Concordances have been for several centuries THE tool for
literary and linguistic research.

What form of concordance is preferable to publish?

- complete KWIC
- partial KWIC
- partial KWOC
- lemmatized
- non-lemmatized
- with frequency added
- other supplementary goodies?

Any advise for someone thinking about publishing the concordance
of a german text?

Are some forms better suited for some languages than others
(latin, french, german, english) and why?

Are concordances still worth publishing on paper? on microfilms?
on floppy?

Thanks.
Michel.
--
Michel Lenoble           |
Litterature Comparee     |        NOUVELLE ADRESSE - NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS