5.0742 Rs: MacArabic; Fonts; WordCruncher; Bibliography (4/114)

Tue, 3 Mar 1992 19:32:29 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0742. Tuesday, 3 Mar 1992.

(1) Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1992 10:29:57 -0600 (24 lines)
From: David Bantz <D-Bantz@uchicago.edu>
Subject: Re: 5.0725 Arabic System

(2) Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1992 09:37:09 -0500 (40 lines)
From: rogers@epas.utoronto.ca (Henry Rogers)
Subject: phonetic fonts

(3) Date: 2 Mar 92 16:02:48 MST (43 lines)
From: "Randall Jones" <JONESR@jkhbhrc.byu.edu>
Subject: WordCruncher

(4) Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1992 12:55 CST (7 lines)
From: SCHNEIDB@LAWRENCE.BITNET
Subject: Re: 5.0658 Bibliography SW

Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1992 10:29:57 -0600
From: David Bantz <D-Bantz@uchicago.edu>

Stephen Clausing <SCLAUS@YALEVM> wrote:
>...does Apple have an Arabic system that handles right to left typing
>automatically?

Yes; it handles Arabic and Roman scripts in the same documents (or the same
line) with a single click switch. It (with a score of other localized
systems including both traditional and simplified Chinese, Hebrew, Kanji,
Turkish, ) is on the Developer CD, updated periodically; the February 1992
CD has Arabic System version 6.1.

Perhaps also relevant: Arabic Dates DA translates between Arabic and
Western dates, down to the day (available through Intellimation).

David Bantz <D-Bantz@UChicago.edu>
Director, Academic & Public Computing
University of Chicago
1155 East 60th St., Chicago, Il 60637-2745
312-702-0822 (voice) 312-702-7661 (fax)