5.0786 Qs: Computing Curric; Instruc. Support; PMC (3/45)

Thu, 26 Mar 1992 15:03:29 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0786. Thursday, 26 Mar 1992.

(1) Date: Wed, 25 Mar 92 16:00:26 EST (12 lines)
From: Stephen Clausing <SCLAUS@YALEVM>
Subject: Humanities Computing curricula

(2) Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1992 23:03:00 -0500 (16 lines)
From: Paul Herman <herman@fvc.bc.ca>
Subject: Centres for instructional support

(3) Date: Tue, 24 Mar 92 16:30:51 EST (17 lines)
From: Editors of PMC <PMC@NCSUVM>
Subject: PMC invites letters, notices

Date: Wed, 25 Mar 92 16:00:26 EST
From: Stephen Clausing <SCLAUS@YALEVM>

The CS dept. here at Yale would like to know what universities offer courses
in Humanities Computing and, if possible, some details about those courses
such as content, who actually offers them, and whether they count towards a
particular degree or are merely electives. This is important information for
a proposal currently under study in the department regarding the creation of a
program in Humanities Computing, which, in turn, involves my future employment
in the department and at this university. Any information would be
appreciated. Please send responses to me personally and/or to Humanist.