5.0836 E-Texts: Query and Reply (2/29)

Fri, 17 Apr 1992 17:14:06 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0836. Friday, 17 Apr 1992.

(1) Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1992 08:13:54 -0400 (16 lines)
From: rsiemens@epas.utoronto.ca (Ray Siemens)
Subject: Re: E-Texts

(2) Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1992 11:49 EDT (13 lines)
From: CETH@zodiac.rutgers.edu
Subject: Heptameron

Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1992 08:13:54 -0400
From: rsiemens@epas.utoronto.ca (Ray Siemens)

Concerning the two electronic texts that were sought, I can't help
with Tolstoy and can't help very much with Spenser, except to tell you
that I searched for the "Faerie Queene" several months earlier and
found only the Oxford copy. The reason I write is that the Oxford
copy, through an earlier happening, is not complete; the text's owner,
however, was very obliging and sent me the missing components, for
which I was quite grateful. This still may be the only route to an
accurate copy of the text, but I would be interested in hearing if
there is a text more openly available.

Ray Siemens