5.0856 Proofread E-Texts (Medieval, Spanish) (1/63)

Mon, 27 Apr 1992 16:53:58 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0856. Monday, 27 Apr 1992.

Date: Sat, 25 Apr 92 09:04:30 PDT
From: cbf@athena.berkeley.edu (Charles Faulhaber)
Subject: Proofread Medieval E-Texts

I am seeking volunteers to proof-read transcriptions of the attached list of
medieval texts, prepared for the _Archivo Digital de Manuscritos y Textos
Espan\*~oles_ (_ADMYTE_), a CD-ROM disk to be published this summer by the
Sociedad Estatal Quinto Centenario. In addition to several hundred medieval
texts transcribed according to the norms of _A Manual of Manuscript
Transcription for the Dictionary of the Old Spanish Language_, 4th ed.
(Madison, 1986), the disk will also contain a special version of TACT, the text
analysis and retrieval program of the U. of Toronto, the _Bibliography of Old
Spanish Texts_, and UNITE, a program for computer-assisted textual criticism.

The available texts represent an interesting cross-section of medieval Spanish
literary culture--from histories in the Alfonsine tradition to medical and legal
works to translations from the classics and other medieval literatures.

I will provide:

- a photocopy of the original MS or printed edition
- a printout of the transcription
- an electronic version of the transcription
- a copy of the Madison _Manual_ mentioned above
- a copy of the special version of TACT and its 200-page manual

Participants in the project will also receive full credit for their work in
_ADMYTE_--not to mention the satisfaction of having helped bring to fruition
one of the most important scholarly projects of the Quincentenary.

Lista de los textos castellanos que se han transcrito expresamente para ADMYTE.
Actualmente obran en mi poder y esta/*'n listos para corregir.

Abreviaturas

BNM = Madrid. Biblioteca Nacional
BU = Biblioteca Universitaria
Esc. = Escorial. Monasterio

Cuando se trata de varios textos dentro de un mismo MS o edicio\*'n, se han
agrupado bajo la signatura del volumen que los contiene. Al final de cada
texto se indica su taman\*~o o en "bytes" o en folios.

Alfonso Marti\*'nez de Toledo. Invencionario. BNM 9219. 126 ff.
(transcr. P. Gericke)
Cro\*'nica de 1344 (parte I). Madrid: Zaba/*'lburu 11-109, ff. 1r-107
(1.33 Mb) (listo para corregir) (transcr. J. da Cruz)
Domingo Marcos Dura/*'n. Lux bella. Impreso Sevilla, 1492. BNM I
2165. 6 ff. (mu\*'sica) (transcr. D. Burton)
Domingo Marcos Dura/*'n. Glosa sobre Lux bella. Impreso Salamanca,
1498-6-17. BNM I 2165. 38 ff. (mu\*'sica) (transcr. D. Burton)
Fueros de la Novenera. Salamanca BU 2652, ff. 140r-156v
(transcr. F. Waltman)
BNM I 2157. Impreso Zaragoza, ca. 1490 (transcr. H. Torres):
Thomas a Kempis. Imitatio Christi, ff. a2r-o2r
Jean Gerson. De meditatione cordis, ff. o3r-o9v
Pablo de Santa Mari\*'a. Suma de las cro\*'nicas de Espan\*~a. Esc.
h.II.22, ff. 52r-98v (transcr. J. Krieger)
Seudo-San Bernardo. Infancia del Salvador. Impreso Burgos: Juan de
Burgos, ca. 1495. BNM I 1424 (279 Kb) (es realmente una
traduccio\*'n de las Meditationes de Seudo-Agusti\*'n) (transcr. F.
Waltman)