5.0864 Looking for IAUPE Attendees (1/172)

Tue, 28 Apr 1992 17:38:00 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0864. Tuesday, 28 Apr 1992.

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1992 15:55:00 -0400
From: W Schipper <schipper@morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
Subject: URGENT APPEAL for IAUPE

Posted on behalf of Sarah L. Keefer [skeefer@trentu.ca]

TO THE ATTENTION OF SCHOLARS IN ENGLISH, AMERICAN, AUSTRALIAN,
CONTINENTAL EUROPEAN AND CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES

I apologise for double-posting this on different nets, but it
is a matter of considerable urgency: these are PROFESSORS OF
ENGLISH, not all medievalists, but I need to reach them as soon as
possible.

Can you please help us? The third circular for the International
Association of University Professors of English has gone out with
the wrong telephone number for the Conference Office on it, and
we have a great many members who may need to telephone, especially
from the Toronto Airport upon arrival, and thus will not be able to
reach us.

Could you please check the list below, which is set out BY COUNTY
AND STATE/PROVINCE/ or CITY. If you 1) know anyone 2) belong to the
same institution or 3) recognize any name from another network to
which you subscribe, could you please let him/her know by e-mail or
intercollege mail that the Conference Office telephone number for
the IAUPE Conference, to be held at Trent University this August is
NOT 705-876-0208.

The correct number is
*705-876-0280*

If you are able to help in this way, please drop me a private line
letting me know whom you have contacted, and I can then cross
him/her off my list. To those of you who have already passed on
messages, my sincerest thanks indeed.

Sarah Larratt Keefer
Conference Committee, IAUPE
Trent University, Canada K9J 7B8
SKEEFER@TRENTU.CA

--------------------
CANADA

Quebec: Universite de Montreal: B.M. Hosington
: McGill: David Williams

Alberta: U of Alta, Edmonton: R.T. Harrison

B.C.: UBC: P.G. Sianwood
----------------------

UNITED STATES

California: U of Cal, Irvine: M. Krieger, G Schwab
:UCLA: A.K. Mellor, English, F. Ridley, English; D. Minkova,
Linguistics

Illinois: UIUC: J. Klein

Kansas: U of Kansas (?): R.J. Schoeck (emeritus of a number of
places-- anyone who knows him, please?)

Maine: U of Maine, Orono: W. Randel (emeritus?)

Maryland: U of Maryland: C. Winton

Massachusetts: U of Mass, Amherst: R.P. Creed

Michigan: U of Mich at Dearborn: T.L. Pebworth

New York: City College, CUNY: M. Allenturk (emeritus?), H. Wasser
: U of Rochester: G.H. Ford
: SUNY-Binghamton: W.F. Nicolaisen

Oklahoma: U of Tulsa: G.H. Gilpin, H. de Almeida, N.S. Grabo

Pennsylvania: Franklin & Marshall College: S. Woods

Rhode Island: Brown: R. Scholes, E.D. Kirk

Texas: Baylor: W.V. Davis

Virginia: U of Virginia, Charlottesville: M.C. Battestin, D. L.
Vander Meulen

Wisconsin: U of Wisconsin, Madison: T.K. Bender
: U of Milwaukee: I. Hassen

UNITED KINGDOM

IRELAND

Dublin (Mount Marrion): Denis Donoghue

GREAT BRITAIN

Cambridge: S.A. Ashraf, The Islamic Academy
J. Beer, Peterhouse

Lancaster: U of Lancaster: D.R. Carroll, S. Hussey, M. Wheeler,
English

Manchester: U of Manchester: R.M. Hogg, C. McCully, English

Newcastle-upon-Tyne: University of Newcastle: J. Batchelor, J.
Honigmann (& Mr G. Packman), English

Norwich: U. of East Anglia: C.W.F. Bigsby, M. Bradbury, English

Reading: U of Reading: C.C. Brown, English

CONTINENTAL EUROPE

AUSTRIA:
Vienna: W. Zacharasiewicz

DENMARK:

Copenhagen Business School: N. Davidsen-Nielsen
Copenhagen Universiteit: A. Zettersten

FRANCE:

Dijon: J.M. Rabate
Paris-Nord: S. Dayras
Paris-Sorbonne: M. M. Martinet

GERMANY:

Aachen: H. Weinstock
Bochum, Ruhr Universitat: H.J. Diller
Dusseldorf: D. Stein
Erlangen, Nurnberg: K.J. Holtgen
Giessen, Justus-Liebig Universitat: R. Borgmeier, H. Grabes
Hamburg: R. Haas
Mainz: Johannes Gutenberg Univ: K. Lubbers, D. Rolle
Munich: O (?) Broich, H.W. Gabler
Tubingen: H. Ludwig
Wilhelms Universitat: B. Gibbons
Wurzburg: R. Ahrens, Englische Philologie

SWEDEN:

Lund University: S. Backman, English
Linkoping (home address only): C. Lindberg
Uppsala: R. Lunden

SWITZERLAND:

Basel: H. Isherhagen

AUSTRALIA

Armidale: U. of New England: A.G. Sandison
Canberra: Australian National U: R.M.V. Elliott
: Univ. of New South Wales, Australian Defence Force
Academy: P. Eggert
: U of New South Wales: M. Hollington
Melbourne: Monash: C.T. Probyn
Stirling: Adelaide University: C.J. Horne