6.0022 Requests: E-Texts Needed; Polish Diacritics (2/20)

Mon, 18 May 1992 20:00:35 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0022. Monday, 18 May 1992.

(1) Date: Mon, 18 May 92 10:48:38 EDT (14 lines)
From: Stephen Clausing <SCLAUS@YALEVM>
Subject: e-texts needed

(2) Date: Mon, 18 May 92 09:54 PDT (6 lines)
From: Kirshenblatt-Gimblett 213-458-9811 <ENQ8BKG@UCLAMVS.BITNET>
Subject: Diacritics for Polish

Date: Mon, 18 May 92 10:48:38 EDT
From: Stephen Clausing <SCLAUS@YALEVM>

I put in a similar plea for e-texts before but let me try a different tack
this time. I need large-scale e-texts from as many languages as possible
without any regard to content, since this is a linguistic study, not literary.
I have no funding and cannot afford to pay for any of the commercial sources.
My plea is this: If you have e-texts that you are free to distribute, would you
please send them to my e-mail address? Even English texts would be helpful,
but only if they are over 200K in size, since otherwise I am already covered.
Any contribution would be gratefully acknowledged in resulting publications,
and I would not redistribute your text unless you specificaly gave me
permission to do so.