6.0064 Survey: Computational Linguistic Courses (1/44)

Tue, 9 Jun 1992 16:57:37 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0064. Tuesday, 9 Jun 1992.

Date: Tue, 9 Jun 92 14:27:27 -0400
From: bonnie@umiacs.UMD.EDU (Bonnie Dorr)
Subject: Survey of Computational Linguistics Courses

SURVEY OF COMPUTATIONAL LINGUISTICS COURSES

URGENT NEED FOR INFORMATION

As a follow-on to the Directory of Computational Linguistics Courses
recently compiled by Martha Evens, the Association for Computational
Linguistics will publish a new edition of the Survey of Computational
Linguistics Courses. (See Computational Linguistics, volume 12 (1986)
for the previous version compiled by Robin Cohen.) We are eager to
include two types of courses: those that teach computational
linguistics as the sole topic and those that teach computational
linguistics as one of many topics. The survey will allow us to share
with colleagues ideas on how to teach computational linguistics. It
will also provide an idea of how the field of computational
linguistics is being portrayed to potential new researchers.

Our listing will include the name and address of the University and
Department(s) offering the course, the name and number of the course,
the type of course, and information about the syllabus (e.g., topics,
texts used, format, workload, enrollment, duration, and assistance).
In addition we will include some statistics on the responses (i.e.,
total number of courses having particular characteristics) and a
bibliography of the most of frequently cited references.

Please request guidelines as to content and format and send
information to:

Ms. Sandy Tsue
UMIACS
A.V. Williams Building
University of Maryland E-mail: cl-survey@umiacs.umd.edu
College Park, MD 20742 Tel: (+1-301)405-6722
Re: CL-SURVEY Fax: (+1-301)314-9658

Note: e-mail is preferred.

If your institution was listed in the 1986 compilation, you may
request a copy of your previous entry.

Thank you for your participation in this endeavor.

Professor Bonnie Dorr
Department of Computer Science and UMIACS
University of Maryland