6.0115 Directory of E-Serials Edition 2.1 (1/273)

Mon, 6 Jul 1992 20:27:47 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0115. Monday, 6 Jul 1992.

Date: Sun, 05 Jul 92 22:43:10 EDT
From: MICHAEL STRANGELOVE <441495@ACADVM1.UOTTAWA.CA>
Subject: Directory of E-Serial Revision

July 6, 1992

Announcing the Revised Directory of Electronic Journals and Newsletters

* EDITION 2.1 - July 1992 *

The revised edition of the Directory of Electronic Journals and
Newsletters is now available on the Net. The Directory has been split into
two files, EJOURNL1 DIRECTRY (2824 lines long) and EJOURNL2 DIRECTRY (4077
lines long). This revision documents over thirty new electronic serials that
have appeared since the first edition, released one year ago. Presently, the
Directory is available only in low ascii text via LISTSERV.

Special thanks belong to Ann Okerson and the Association of Research
Libraries for making this project (along with Diane Kovacs' Directory of
Academic Discussion Lists and Interest Groups) the first copyrighted serial
publication that is available both in hardcopy as well as being freely
available on the Net in electronic text.

And thanks all to the many individuals around the globe such as Peter
Scott, Carl Briggs and Tony Barry who take the time to inform me of the
appearance of new electronic serials.

Michael Strangelove
University of Ottawa

>>> How To Retrieve This Directory From Networked Sources <<<

The Directory is currently available in low ascii text from the following
location:

CONTENTS PROJECT Listserv Fileserver

Send the following commands as an e-mail message to listserv@uottawa or
listserv@acadvm1.uottawa.ca

GET EJOURNL1 DIRECTRY
GET EJOURNL2 DIRECTRY

Please note the spelling carefully;
- there is no "A" in "EJOURNL" and no "O" in "DIRECTRY"

NB - The Directory of Electronic Journals and Newletters is not yet available
via FTP.

This project was made possible through funding from the Research Centre for
the Study of Religion, Department of Religious Studies, University of Ottawa.

For a hardcopy version of this Directory, contact:

Office of Scientific & Academic Publishing
Association of Research Libraries
1527 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036 USA

ARLHQ@UMDC.Bitnet
(202) 232-2466 (voice)
(202) 462-7849 (fax)

>>> TABLE OF CONTENTS <<<

[THE FOLLOWING IS IN THE FILE EJOURNL1 DIRECTRY]

>>> Section 1: Information <<<

Introduction
How to Retrieve This Directory From Networked Sources
Networked Resources for Electronic Publication
Electronic Serials and Related Topics: A Brief Bibliography
How to Submit an Entry to the Directory
Getting an ISSN for an Electronic Journal
How to Start an E-Newsletter
PACS-L Review Special Issue on Networked Based E-Serials
Changes to the Second Edition

>>> Section 2: Electronic Journals <<<

Inactive Electronic Journals

Active Journals:

$ indicates subscription is not free
** indicates journal is peer reviewed

Subject area is indicated (when necessary) within square brakets [ ]

Art Com [Contemporary art and new communication technologies]
ArtsNet Review [Contemporary cross-cultural, arts and electronic networking
issues]
Bryn Mawr Classical Review
** CATALYST: The Community Services Catalyst [Community college educators]
CORE [A literary journal for short fiction, poetry, and essays]
DargonZine [Dargon Project fiction anthology]
The Distance Education Online Symposium
** EJournal [Implications of electronic documents and networks]
The Electronic Journal of the Astronomical Society of the Atlantic
** Electronic Journal of Communication/La Revue Electronique de Communication
(EJC/REC) [Communication theory, research, practice, and policy]
Fineart Forum [Application of science and technology to the contemporary arts
and music]
** Flora Online [Systematic botany]
Intertext [An electronic fiction digest]
IOUDAIOS Review [Reviews in Early Judaism and Christian origins]
Issues In Science and Technology Librarianship
$ ** Journal of the International Academy of Hospitality Research
Journal of Technology Education
LIBRES (Library and Information Science Research Electronic Conference)
MeckJournal [A monthly from Meckler Publishing]
** New Horizons in Adult Education
NetWeaver
Offline [Computers in religious studies]
Online Chronicle of Distance Education and Communication
The Public-Access Computer Systems News
** The Public-Access Computer Systems Review
Pigulki [News and humor relating to Poland and Polish issues]
** Postmodern Culture
** PSYCOLOQUY
Quanta [Science fiction and fantasy]
** RD: Graduate Research in the Arts
The Religious Studies Publications Journal - CONTENTS
Socjety Journal [Alumni journal of the Technical University of Wroclaw,
Poland]
SOLSTICE: An Electronic Journal of Geography and Mathematics
TeXMaG (TeX Typesetting System)
TeX Publication Distribution List
Textual Studies in Canada

[THE FOLLOWING IS IN THE FILE EJOURNL2 DIRECTRY]

>>> Section 3: Electronic Newsletters <<<

Access
ACQNET (The Acquisitions Librarians Electronic Network)
ALCTS Network News (AN2 - The Association of Library Collections and
Technical Services)
American Psychological Association's Research Funding Bulletin
Arts Wire News
Automatome
BEN (Botanical Electronic News)
Between the Lines
Buffer
CANOPUS Magazine
CCNEWS
CERFNet News
ChE Electronic Newsletter (Chemical Engineering)
Christian Growth Newsletter
Class Four Relay Magazine
Computer Science Center Link
Computing and Telecommunications Newsletter
Computists' Communique
Consortium Update
Cosmic Update
CPSR/PDX Newsletter (Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility)
CRTNet - Communication Research and Theory
Current Cites
DDN MANAGEMENT BULLETIN
DECNEWS for Education and Research
DevelopNet News
Deutschland Nachrichten
Digit
Digital Games Review
Disaster Research
Donosy
Drosophila Information Newsletter
EFFector Online (The Electronic Frontier Foundation, Inc.)
Electronic AIR
Electronic Hebrew Users Newsletter
Energy and Climate Information and Exchange (ECIX) Newsletter and Digest
Energy Research in Israel Newsletter
Erofile
Ethnomusicology Research Digest
Fine Art, Science and Technology News (F.A.S.T. News)
FARNET Gazette
GLOSAS News (GLObal Systems Analysis and Simulating Association)
GNU's Bulletin (Newsletter of the Free Software Foundation)
HICNet Newsletter (Mednews - Health Infocom Newsletter
History and Analysis of Disabilities Newsletter
Hot Off the Tree (HOTT)
Impact Online
International Voice Newsletter Prototype List
IS P.O.B. Bulletin YSSTI (Yugoslav System for Scientific and Technology
Information)
Laboratory Primate Newsletter
Law and Politics Book Review
Leonardo Electronic News
Link Letter
List Review Service
MAB Northern Sciences Network Newsletter
Machine Readable Texts News
Material Science in Israel Newsletter
MichNet News
MICnews
NEARnet Newsletter
Network Audio Bits and Audio Software Review
NetMonth
Net-News
Newsbrief
Newsletter on Serials Pricing Issues
Newsline (Comserve)
News of Earth
NIBNews - A Monthly Electronic Bulletin About Medical Informatics
NLSNews Newsletter
Old English Computer-Assisted Language Learning Newsletter (OE-CALL)
Output
Political Analysis and Research Cooperation (PARC) News Bulletin
Principia Cybernetica Newsletter
Prompt
The Purple Thunderbolt of Spode (PURPS)
Research and Educational Applications of Computers in Humanities (REACH)
Rezo, bulletin irregulomadaire du RQSS
$ St. Petersburg Business News
SCUP Bitnet News (Society for College and University Planners)
SCUPMA-L (Society of College and University Planners, Mid-Atlantic Region)
Sense of Place
South Florida Environmental Reader
$ The Teleputing Hotline And Field Computing Source Letter
Teiresias
THINKNET (Electronic newsletter on philosophy, systems theory,
interdisciplinary studies, and thoughtful conversation in cyberspace)
TitNeT -- Titnews -- Titnotes
VapourWare
ViewPoints (Newsletter of the Visual Communication Division of the
Association for Educators in Journalism and Mass Communication [AEJMC])
The Week in Germany

>>> Section 4: Hypercard Stacks, Digest-Newsletters and Others <<<

Chile News Database
China News Digest
Comp.Archives
Desktop Publishing Digest
Electronic College of Theory
The Handicap Digest
Instant Math Preprints (IMP)
IRList (Information Retrieval List Digest)
Risks-Forum Digest
Simulation Digest
Simulations Online
TidBITS
Submissions: (whom to sent submissions to and in what form)
Related List: (how to subscribe to a related list, if any)
Periodicity:
Back Issues: (how to access them)
Contact: (for more information)

Michael Strangelove
Department of Religious Studies
University of Ottawa

BITNET: 441495@Uottawa
Internet: 441495@Acadvm1.Uottawa.CA
S-Mail: 177 Waller, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 6N5 CANADA
Voice: (613) 237-2052
FAX: (613) 564-6641