6.0127 Rs: Peripherals and Networks; Icelandic Sagas (3/71)

Fri, 10 Jul 1992 16:33:59 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0127. Friday, 10 Jul 1992.

(1) Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1992 19:13:34 -0600 (14 lines)
From: D-Bantz@uchicago.edu
Subject: Re: 6.0122 Rs: More on Sharing Peripherals (2/43)

(2) Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1992 08:15:13 -0500 (38 lines)
From: mlove@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

(3) Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1992 11:23:01 -0400 (19 lines)
From: Martha Parrott <Martha_Parrott@poczta.utcs.utoronto.ca>
Subject: Icelandic Sagas on Film

Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1992 19:13:34 -0600
From: D-Bantz@uchicago.edu

>Hmmm... I'd be very interested to know if there's an inexpensive way to
>network ...a Mac IIci (5 mb RAM) and an IBM-AT (640k RAM). --David Chesnutt

Networks are good for all kinds of things; just what needs do you have for
a network of two machines with different operating systems? You addressed
moving files between Mac & DOS environments yourself, and you mention you
have Appletalk on the AT. The Mac system 7 operating system will allow
your Mac to look like a file server to the AT over Appletalk; perhaps
you're missing only an update to the Appletalk software on your AT?