6.0207 New List Announcement: CLASSICS (1/35)

Mon, 24 Aug 1992 15:45:32 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0207. Monday, 24 Aug 1992.

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 92 21:28:40 -0700
From: Mary Whitlock Blundell <mwb@u.washington.edu>
Subject: New List: CLASSICS

I am posting the following announcement at the request of Linda Wright, the
coordinator for CLASSICS:

Below is the list announcement that I sent to MEDTEXT-L, the Medieval
Text discussion list, and to REACH. The list is not intended just
for students. I hope that it will become more of a way for both
professional Classicists and students to find out about announcements,
or just general discussion on current issues. Postings have been very
few so far, but a few examples are "What kind of text books are other
universities using?", and a research question on Isidore of Pelusium.

CLASSICS Announcement

CLASSICS@uwavm.u.washington.edu on internet
CLASSICS@UWAVM on bitnet

An unmoderated list for discussing ancient Greek and Latin subjects.
This list is open to everyone interested in Classics, and prospective
members are warmly welcomed. The discussions assume a background in
ancient Greek and/or Latin. The CLASSICS list is neither run by nor
directly affiliated with the University of Washington Classics
Department.

All request to be added to this list should be sent to listserv@uwavm.bitnet
or listserv@uwavm.u.washington.edu with the one-line message:

SUBSCRIBE CLASSICS your-full-name

To unsubscribe, send: UNSUBSCRIBE CLASSICS

Coordinator: Linda Wright <lwright@u.washington.edu>