6.0234 Fonts and IPA (4/88)

Sun, 13 Sep 1992 21:51:38 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0234. Sunday, 13 Sep 1992.

(1) Date: 28 Aug 1992 20:59:53 -0500 (EST) (17 lines)
From: ALAN COOPER <ACOOPER@UCBEH>
Subject: retransmission of truncated message

(2) Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1992 15:27 GMT +0100 (21 lines)
From: J%org Knappen <KNAPPEN@VKPMZD.KPH.Uni-Mainz.de>
Subject: Re: 6.0220 Qs: E-Addresses; Text; Fonts (3/81)

(3) Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1992 05:19:48 +0000 (40 lines)
From: Kirsti Rye Ramberg <kirsti.ramberg@avh.unit.no>
Subject: Int'l Phonetic Alphabet. Reply

(4) Date: Sat, 29 Aug 92 11:16 BST (10 lines)
From: Don Fowler <DPF@vax.oxford.ac.uk>

Date: 28 Aug 1992 20:59:53 -0500 (EST)
From: ALAN COOPER <ACOOPER@UCBEH>

Subj: RE: 6.0220 Qs: E-Addresses; Text; Fonts (3/81)

A good IPA font for WordPerfect is available from Linguist's
Software, Inc., POB 580, Edmonds, WA, 98020-0580, phone
206-775-1130, fax 206-771-5911. To use it within WordPerfect,
you need to have Atech's Publisher's Powerpak, recently upgraded
and renamed FastFonts, and available from Atech Software, 5964
La Place Court, Suite 100, Carlsbad, CA, 92008, phone 800-786-3668.
I have used these products on Epson FX and LQ printers with good
success. Linguist's Software is now advertising an IPA font for
Windows called LaserIPA, but I have neither seen nor used it.
Alan Cooper, Hebrew Union College