6.0264 Rs: E-Texts, Qs and As (4/65)

Sat, 3 Oct 1992 11:18:28 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0264. Saturday, 3 Oct 1992.

(1) Date: Thu, 1 Oct 92 9:50:35 PDT (24 lines)
From: robert_judd@csufresno.edu
Subject: Re: 6.0253 More Rs: Significant uses of E-Texts (4/133

(2) Date: Thu, 1 Oct 92 20:42 GMT (18 lines)
From: George Aichele <0004705237@mcimail.com>
Subject: Classics on Disk

(3) Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1992 11:10:37 MDT (8 lines)
From: ocramer@academic.cc.colorado.edu
Subject: Electronic Hobbes?

(4) Date: Fri, 2 Oct 92 18:54:23 CDT (15 lines)
From: David Bantz <D-Bantz@uchicago.edu>
Subject: Re: 6.0258 Qs: E-Hume

Date: Thu, 1 Oct 92 9:50:35 PDT
From: robert_judd@csufresno.edu

I'm also interested in the use of e-texts for research, and wondered
what HUMANISTS thought of the university/college/whatever library
supporting e-texts in a big way by setting up reading CD-ROMs for
working with e-texts, and subscribing generally to literature
published in CD-ROM format. What is the experience of users?
Strictly personal, departmental, or through the library? I'll collate
any responses to this query and post a summary to the list if they
seem interesting or "significant."

Thanks in advance.

Bob Judd

*