6.0360 Late Call: UK Conference, Computers and Writing (1/61)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Tue, 17 Nov 1992 18:50:22 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0360. Tuesday, 17 Nov 1992.

Date: Mon, 16 Nov 92 12:08:27 +0000
From: dgc@aberystwyth.ac.uk
Subject: Late Call UK Writing Conference

Dear Editors

Many people have had difficulty reaching us by e-mail. Rewording the ID helps:
compwrit@aberystwyth.ac.uk
I'd appreciate a reminder call being circulated if possible with this revised
note.

Many thanks: Daniel Chandler...

CALL FOR PAPERS

6th UK Conference on
COMPUTERS AND WRITING

Under the auspices of
the Computers & Writing Association and the Department of Education, UWA
University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Dyfed, Wales, UK

April 13th-15th, 1993

Conference Theme:
THE EXPERIENCE OF WRITING

Conference Chair: Daniel Chandler, UWA

This annual conference on Computers and Writing attracts in particular
writing researchers (including linguists and psychologists), teachers (at
all levels), technical writers, and designers of computer-based writing
tools (including writers of all kinds). We are interested in proposals
exploring one or more of the following themes:

writers' composing styles and strategies
collaborative writing and the computer
writers' experiences of the computer
computers and literacy
design of computer-based writing tools
educational applications of desk-top publishing

Proposals: Send 3 copies of a two-page (double-spaced) abstract for a
formal (refereed) paper or informal session (don't send disks). Include (on
an attached sheet): title of paper; name(s); affiliation(s); address(es);
telephone number(s); e-mail address(es); category (refereed paper/informal
session). Also include audiovisual needs. Those wishing to have their
papers considered for published proceedings should bring full versions to
the conference as hardcopy and on disk.

Deadlines: Proposals must be postmarked by December 1st, 1992. Notification of
acceptance will be mailed by January 1993.

Mail proposals to:
Daniel Chandler
Computers & Writing 6
UWA