6.0390 Quote Queries (3/150)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Tue, 8 Dec 1992 19:06:05 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0390. Tuesday, 8 Dec 1992.

(1) Date: Tue, 01 Dec 92 10:51:32 GMT (9 lines)
From: FRI001@IBM.SOUTHAMPTON.AC.UK
Subject: Aquinas on souls

(2) Date: Mon, 07 Dec 92 18:41 CST (9 lines)
From: TB0WPW1@NIU.BITNET

(3) Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1992 22:10:29 +0000 (132 lines)
From: Stephen Miller <stephen@vax.ox.ac.uk>
Subject: "Mourning over the Mother Tongue of Man" Source wanted.

Date: Tue, 01 Dec 92 10:51:32 GMT
From: FRI001@IBM.SOUTHAMPTON.AC.UK

I was once told that there is a passage in Aquinas that discusses
when the soul enters the baby in the womb. If the baby/embryo is
male, the process (`quickening') takes place forty days after
conception: if female, after eighty days. I have never been able
to find the reference. Has any member of the list come across it?
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 92 18:41 CST
From: TB0WPW1@NIU.BITNET

Help!
Does anyone know what this means?
"Double-jointed babies with springs between their legs to make
them go along." All help will be acknowleged. Thanks for what
you can do.
William Proctor Williams TB0WPW1@NIU