6.0455 Text Qs: Angelou; Estonian Bible; Macpherson (3/53)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Tue, 26 Jan 1993 15:50:00 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0455. Tuesday, 26 Jan 1993.

(1) Date: Fri, 22 Jan 93 11:27:48 EST (25 lines)
From: Charlie Creegan <Charlie.Creegan@lambada.oit.unc.edu>
Subject: Q: James Macpherson correspondence

(2) Date: Fri, 22 Jan 93 16:10:30 EST (15 lines)
From: "L. Dale Patterson" <LDPATT01@ULKYVM.LOUISVILLE.EDU>
Subject: Estonian Bible

(3) Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1993 10:38:30 -0500 (EST) (13 lines)
From: Allen Michie <engak472@emoryu1.cc.emory.edu>
Subject: Inaugeration Poem

Date: Fri, 22 Jan 93 11:27:48 EST
From: Charlie Creegan <Charlie.Creegan@lambada.oit.unc.edu>

An unnetworked colleague asks:

For a biography and possible edition of the letters of James Macpherson
(1736-1796), Scottish poet and historian, author of _Poems_of_Ossian_:

Any information as to the location of unpublished correspondence
to or from Macpherson would be appreciated. (Major research libraries,
especially in the UK, will of course be canvassed separately)

Any information as to E-sources which might be helpful in furthering the
above project would be appreciated--archives, lists, discussion lists of
the period.

Please send replies to the poster; I will summarize and repost any
information which might be helpful to others with similar projects
regarding other figures.

Thanks.

Charles Creegan NC Wesleyan College Rocky Mount NC 27804 USA
(internet) charlie.creegan@bbs.oit.unc.edu