6.0483 More History Lists (2/47)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Fri, 5 Feb 1993 13:09:17 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0483. Friday, 5 Feb 1993.

(1) Date: Fri, 5 Feb 93 8:19:17 EST (10 lines)
From: Eiteljorg Nick <neiteljo@cc.brynmawr.edu>
Subject: Re: 6.0474 More history lists

(2) Date: Fri, 5 Feb 93 11:14:38 CST (37 lines)
From: "Brian Nielsen" <bnielsen@merle.acns.nwu.edu>
Subject: Re: 6.0479 Q: E-Resources for American History

Date: Fri, 5 Feb 93 8:19:17 EST
From: Eiteljorg Nick <neiteljo@cc.brynmawr.edu>

Omitted from the previous posting were, I think, two archaeology
lists which might be of interest:
ARCH-L@tamvm1.bitnet and
AIA-L@cc.brynmawr.edu

Nick Eiteljorg
(2) --------------------------------------------------------------50----
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 93 11:14:38 CST
From: "Brian Nielsen" <bnielsen@merle.acns.nwu.edu>
Subject: Re: 6.0479 Q: E-Resources for American History (1/6)

An electronic resource in U.S. history definitely worth looking at carefully
is the American Memory Project, being developed at the Library of Congress.
Our institution is one of a number of test sites, funded from various sources,
including Apple Computer, LC, and, I believe, IBM... The Library of Congress
is using CD-ROM, laserdisk, and other electronic media to make available parts
of their unique collections that have up to now not received the kind of
library processing that would make them especially useful. We're working with
it in connection with our American Culture program (prof. Carl Smith --
cjsmith@nwu.edu) and the univ.library.

Brian Nielsen
Instructional Technology Group
Academic Computing & Network Services